persona non sequitur

a review of media by a slightly jaded baby boomer.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

David Bellamy wrote...

Have you read _Variable Star_? (Robinson/Heinlein)

Robert Whitaker Sirignano said...

I see it on my shelf, as I see other things I bought recently and have yet to get around to reading, like FINN by Jon Clinch, THE ONLY BUSH I TRUST IS MY OWN by Periel Aschenbrand, OPAL, a biography of Opal Whitley, I AM A STRANGE LOOP by Douglas Hofsteader, EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT SEX IS WRONG!, APOCALYPSE 2012: AN OPTIMIST LOOKS AT END TIMES, ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CINEMA ZOMBIES, HEART SHAPED BOX by Joe Hill, HEADPRESS GUIDE TO THE COUNTER CULTURE, that bio of James Tiptree, etcetera...

I've placed a small brake on stuff I'm ordering. I read a new book, and read a book I recall reading thirty years ago. Back in the late 60's what was published in one year in the SF genre field is now published every two weeks.
Generally, my "new" book purchases are as follows: I will not purchase anything that has a cat, elf, vampire, unicorn, dwarf or fairy on the cover, or combinations of the proceeding. Or cute.

Saves time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home