persona non sequitur

a review of media by a slightly jaded baby boomer.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dear Gang,
I met Sandy Baron, who supposedly did that LP. He was a New York comedian. If I remember correctly, he always used to use the word Existentialism. I can't say he impressed me.
Yours,
Rich Dengrove

Yes, well, I used that title because I had it at hand. I also will transfer other items that will never make it to CD, like WHEN IN DOUBT MUMBLE, MRS PORTNOY'S RETORT, BLIND MAN'S MOVIE, THE SICKNIKS, MAD TWISTS ROCK AND ROLL, SEX LIFE OF THE PRIMATE, and a bunch of other stuff.

Sandy Baron often changed his career path so frequently, no one could assess what kind of auidence he was trying for. He did an LP called GOD SAVE THE QUEENS, which was marketed as humor but wasn't funny. The only thing that comes to mind where the publics knows him is HEY LANDLORD, and that was aeons ago.

2 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Hjalmar Poelzig said...

Some people (such as myself) would know him (and I assume this is the same Sandy Baron I'm about to describe) from two episodes of "The Munsters Today", in which he played Grandpa's brother, Yorga. He also costarred in the 90's tv movie "The Munsters' Scary Little Christmas" and actually played Grandpa Munster in that one. Funny guy in his Munsters appearances.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Hjalmar Poelzig said...

Yep....it's him. Found a scan online of the album back and there's a small photo of Sandy there....and even though he was much older in his Munsters involvement, I immediately recognized him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home