persona non sequitur

a review of media by a slightly jaded baby boomer.

Monday, January 01, 2007

I think I got carried away with posting at THE COMICS CURMUDGEON, but I'll lay on some of that commentrary here as well. Someone asked, "what Bands have been named after comic strips?" I was reminded by a DVD that showed up recently, THE BONZO DOG DOO DAH BAND 40th anniversery celebration. Sans Vivian Stashall, who grew old too quick and died too young (as hanging out with Keith Moon would do to anyone trying to keep up with his consumption of booze).

It is raining, and I'm kind of happy that it is. Were it snow, I don't think I would be able to reach the car, much less get it out of the driveway. Normally at this time of day I'd crane my head to the right and watch the cardnal slam into the window, trying to defend his territory from his reflection. Too much rain.

Last afternoon, the family gathered and watched NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM, which we liked. The movie should have been set in a larger museum, I think. The previews for SHREK 3 and THE FANTASTIC FOUR 2 were shown and got good responses from the audience. The Reed Richards vehicle is to introduce the Silver Surfer to the screen, which will probably weigh heavily on the actors, compeating for special effects time.

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Robert Whitaker Sirignano said...

Geeze, you parasites never give up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home