persona non sequitur

a review of media by a slightly jaded baby boomer.

Friday, January 23, 2009

NASCAR GOLEM
Delaware's Roadside kitsch.

I'm not certain why the "Monster Mile" of Dover Downs needed a golem to advertise it, but here we are.  Previously, a picture of a tyrannosaurus was the "Monster".  

I was thinking of breaking into the area late at night and putting a  large stovepipe hat on it, or making kabbalistic signs on its forehead. 

I'd like to include in this series a picture of the 25 foot high Peter Pan that used to grace the top of an old time Art Deco restruarant that used to be by Route 141. It vanished sometime in 1967. Someone somewhere has a photo of it. 

I'd be interested.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger marcoshark said...

I will come up to DE to help you do this deed... No oen messes with the Golem... No One!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home