persona non sequitur

a review of media by a slightly jaded baby boomer.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

HOW TO BECOME MENTALLY NUMB

I saw a trailer for BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA.

Someone had to think of this concept. Someone had to greenlight it. Someone had to write a treatment. Someone had to write a script. Someone had to go over the script. Someone had to be named director. Someone had to audition actors. Someone had to audition dogs. Someone had to film it. Someone had to splice the film together...

...I watched the trailer. I got the horrors.

I really hate 'concept' films. One of the hardest to watch films is SHAKES THE CLOWN, where nearly everyone is a clown. The police are clowns, the lawyers are clowns, the children are clowns. The idea drowns in its own futility.

Another semi inspired film is BE KIND, PLEASE REWIND. It is a "suppose" film. It supposes that someone is going to sabotage a power company and hooks into a high voltage line, blows off sparks for two minutes and becomes magnetised and stumbles into a fading video store and erases all the videos and then "supposes" that the two individuals involved will "remake" all of the films so the store's owner wouldn't know what happens. And then it supposes that people will like these "remakes" and drive in from other states to check them out. I've only outlined a fraction of the inanity, and I don't want to think too much about it.

Why is this stuff even given funding?

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger LB said...

Haha. Scary little dogs? Retarded. I'm not sure how it happens, but clearly Hollywood is getting desperate for movie scripts. They should call me.... I could give them dozens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home