persona non sequitur

a review of media by a slightly jaded baby boomer.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION:

Someone asked if I had ever met anyone who was famous. I tend to keep mum on this because I have rubbed elbows with a number of people.

Take Alva Rogers. I met him at a Lunacon, he was Artist Guest of Honor, I wish I'd known a little bit more of his background when I met him. But instead of talking about his room mate Jack Parsons--the man who helped start the US Space Program, or his meetings with Robert A. Heinlein, I asked about his other room mate, some guy named L. Ron Hubbard.

Is it true, I asked, the he said 'if you want to make a million dollars, start your own religion'.

The answer was "He said it more than once. He said it frequently."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home