persona non sequitur

a review of media by a slightly jaded baby boomer.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

CALLING GROVER GROUNDHOG

   I have seen a few posts elsewhere about PETA. Those "we care so much about animals, and if you harm one, we'll kill you."  Those kind folks.

I found recent media discussions about PETA amusing.  After a stuffed moose head bonked a woman on the head after falling off a wall in a bar, Peta offered to replace it with an unrealistic looking paper replica. 

PETA also complained when President Obama swatted a fly. 

So, if you're a real die hard asshole of a PETA organization, and a mosquito drops on your arm, you must be kind enough to this parasite  to fill itself until it flies off?  Having had West Nile Virus, I'm for smashing them painfully into my arm. Several times.

Currently they want to replace weather forecasting groundhogs with animatronic replicants so the ground hogs won't bite any more people or be tortured. Last known people to be bitten: Bill Murry, for GROUND HOG DAY and Mayor Bloomberg of New York. 

I think that these  groundhogs get better treatment than kids in Haiti. 

I wonder if people in Peta would make good lampshades?

*I can hear the crickets chirping!!!!*

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home