persona non sequitur

a review of media by a slightly jaded baby boomer.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

As some of you know, Marge Simpson is the cover girl on this month's PLAYBOY. And a spread. And an interview. I don't want to read it.

I mean here are the journalists who work for years refining their craft and get called on to write an interview for what is, essentially, an imaginary character. Journalists write fiction? Isn't that a kind of lie?

On the other hand, I've stumbled across a few web sites where the question being asked is: who would you rather sleep with Wilma Flintstone or Betty Rubble?

Of course a few oddballs would like to sleep with Barney...

And when I wrote back and suggested they find something real to have a discussion with,
I found them taking the whole issue really seriously, and they were very offended.

Anyway, the net allows you to be different.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Pagan Topologist said...

I had to read this twice before I fugured out who Marge Simpson is. I was thinking of Jessica Simpson. And, I actually did watch most of a "Simpson's" episode once several years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home