persona non sequitur

a review of media by a slightly jaded baby boomer.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

I went to the movies last week and saw the reboot of STAR TREK. I had a good time. I never looked at my watch. I was absorbed into the film, totally entranced. Recommended.

While there, I viewed a promotional trailer for the forthcoming G.I.JOE movie. You know, the dolls ("action figures") that came out in the mid-sixties that inspired so many young men to do a tour of duty in Vietnam, hoping to slap the enemy to death. And inspired a lame animated series.

And with the note of this property being turned into a film, other products are being looked at.
Word has it people are looking into making CANDYLAND into a film. Dentists will love it.

I hope Ewe Boll directs.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home