persona non sequitur

a review of media by a slightly jaded baby boomer.

Monday, December 24, 2007

24 December 2007.

I'm spending part of my day here in my small room, looking over books and loading CDs into the computer and trying to fill up my iPod.

I noticed I haven't put The Beatles into it. I was going to but thinking it over, I've heard them so often, sometimes it's painful to sit through an album I've heard many times before. I guess if I was travelling down the road and "Let it Be" shuffled up, I'd be forwarding it.

Also noticed, what with the comedy and novelty tunes and instrumentals and the variety...that when a bit of Captain Beefheart crops up, I find he sounds diffrent. As if he always was trying too hard to be different. He sounds strained...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home